1/07/2013

Busy Start to 2013

To kick off 2013, I pledged to read 50 books for the Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge (never mind that my TBR shelf currently has over 200 books)...

Finished reading an ARC of Lisa Kleypas' Crystal Cove for H&H - and now I need to work on my draft.


Currently reading an ARC of Celeste Bradley's When She Said I Do - Ren Porter's story (that I've waited over 6 years for...)  I'm only into the first quarter of the book, and I can already tell that it's Bad Burrito Worthy!*  In case you didn't know already, I'm ree-heeaally excited for this one.  (Bragging fan-girl post coming soon!)


I've also won a couple giveaways on Goodreads (free books = frickin' awesome) so these reviews are forthcoming:  Family Pictures by Jane Green and The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale #2) by Jayne Fresina.  (Hooray for giveaways!)


I had the fortunate opportunity to attend a book launch/signing at Bethesda Public Library this weekend for the debut of Prophecy by Ellen Oh (it's a YA fantasy saga about a young demon-slayer girl kicking ass in ancient Korea).  I want to toss that one in the late-Jan/early-Feb TBR list - looks RULL good!


#5 and #6 on my TBR list for January are two books by Stacey Joy Netzel - Lost In Italy and Chasin' Mason.  I've been wanting to return to Italy for a while... and a dramatic western looks like a sweet winter escape from this frosty weather...





* Bad Burrito Worthy = big compliment.  This is saying "I'm really sick because I ate a bad burrito" as an excuse to sequester yourself at home in order to read and/or finish a romance novel.  Obviously, the novel must be amazing if it is worthy of this embarrassing/disgusting excuse - because you've basically implied that you're crapping your brains out, thus removing yourself of all previous obligations outside of your bathroom.  See related SBTB post about it here.

No comments: