12/02/2012

I'm so excited, I can't even organize this post...


OhmyGod ohmyGod ohmyGod ohmyGOD.

(Yes, this is serious.  I spelled out OMG, and used a big "G".)




CELESTE BRADLEY IS WRITING REN'S STORY!
(Let me explain.)

The first romance series I ever read, back in 2005 (like I picked it up of my own volition at B&N - not from a recommendation or review - just for sheer curiosity desperation for another romance to read) was Celeste Bradley's The Spy, from her Liar's Club series.  I thought, "Hey, this cover is nice and the description on the back isn't so bad..."  After blasting through it in two days, I struck romance gold.  It was book #3 in her series, and it made me go out and buy the remaining books, including the four follow-up books in the continuing/sequel series.

Back to my hyperventilating point:  There was a mysterious wounded-hero character named Ren Porter, and he such a vibrant character (even if he was barely there for a few pages in the series), that many of Celeste's fans were asking, "When is Ren going to get his own book?!"

January 29th, 2013 is that day.

How did I stumble upon this juicy (re)discovery?  I was surfing through B&N's site (on Jules's Romance Picks) and saw Celeste Bradley's Fallen, from there I saw her book, When She Said I Do... This is what I found:

When She Said I Do
by Celeste Bradley 

"Caught in a rainstorm, Miss Calliope Worthington takes shelter in a seemingly abandoned mansion. But when she finds a string of pearls in a dusty chest, she is caught red-handed by the house’s reclusive owner - Mr. Ren Porter - a fiery demon of a man who demands that Callie pay for the necklace…with her innocence.

When he first lays eyes on the beautiful trespasser, Ren mistakes her for an angel. But when he realizes Callie is a thief, he strikes a bargain she cannot refuse. She must take his hand in marriage and pay him back in full: one night of passion for each stolen pearl. But when Callie surrenders to his desires—night after wicked night—he awakens something deep inside of her. Something powerful and passionate. Like a fairy tale come true, the monster she married has become the man she loves…when she said I do."


Celeste Bradley is one of those authors who changed the way I read romances (we're talking a PROFOUND impact on my "romance literacy").  I know I need to go back and do a re-read of her books, but sweet merciful baby Jesus, I CANNOT sit still about this... Rainstorms, necklaces, thieving angels, and passionate demons - REN!!!

My reaction:

I HAVE WAITED OVER A DECADE FOR THIS DAY.



5 comments:

Bebe Knight said...

I honestly don't know the book you're talking about but I just needed to let you know that I always apprectiate your gifs! They make me laugh out loud everytime.

Jena Briars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jena Briars said...

Comment attempt take 2: (I CAN'T EVEN ORGANIZE MY COMMENTS!)

The links! - this is the new upcoming book (Ren's story) - and I don't need to tell you how jealous I am that some readers have the ARC!

Imagine it like this - if JR Ward weaved in a hero so mysterious - and everyone was like, "PLEASE give him his own story!" - and then A DECADE LATER - she does!

Bebe Knight said...

Ahhhh.... I'm starting to understand! There is one character I feel that way about but I don't want to spoil it for you;) not sure if you are that far yet because I can't remember what book he is in.

Jena Briars said...

SUPER pumped!!! (I think I've seen the name of the character you're thinking of - but I skip over it in reviews b/c I know I'm not that far along yet!)